<hat="individual">

Hi all,

as mentioned before: I believe a time limit of 1 month is too short
considering that some of the high profile use cases (banks, etc.) may
only have monthly or bi-monthly usage. In which case the key pin would
regularly expire before people return to the site and the protection is
null.

And regarding some of the concerns of pro-longed malicious bricking by
an attacker after an attack has been resolved:
Two scenarios:
1. I believe if we have a time limit of more than 1 month we need a
different mechanism (e.g. user actively flushing the key cache) anyway.
2. in the case of high frequency sites (like you mentioned Facebook),
imagine even a 1 month brick time would already be considered
unacceptable too long by most users (in fact probably everything above a
few hours would be considered too long) and trigger user action to flush
the cache.

Best regards, Tobias