On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Nico Williams <n...@cryptonector.com>wrote:

> At any rate, I don't think we should do anything to exclude channel
> bound cookies (at least not yet, not without much more discussion as
> to why) as a candidate session continuation protocol.  I have given
> reasons why I think it shouldn't be the only candidate at this time,

That's fair, but I do think ChannelID sets a high standard.  It's clear,
simple and can strongly protect cookies.  The proposals from this WG seem
much more complicated [1,2], and it's hard to tell whether they resist
attacks such as:

- Session forcing, where a MITM attacker transfer a session to the victim
client, thus logging the victim into the attacker's account.

 - Session stealing, where an attacker observes or receives a victim
client's request, and then makes the same request himself (perhaps just
replaying it, perhaps modifying it).

Trevor

[1]
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-williams-websec-session-continue-proto-00