On Fri, 2011-10-21 at 16:29 +0200, Andreas Mantke wrote:
> Hi Sophie, *,
>
> Am Freitag, 21. Oktober 2011, 09:16:18 schrieb Sophie Gautier:
> > Hi Andreas,
> (...)
> > Could you open the page on the wiki, I'll add my thoughts on it. If I
>
> done.
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/ConferenceManagementSystem
>
> > remember well, Drew has already made some tests of cms dedicated to
> > event organization.
>
> I'm not able to do such test today, because I catched a cold. But I have seen
> a nice
> site and a CMS with a product behind it:
> http://www.pythonbrasil.org.br/

Nice!

What I did earlier was to review a few on-line (hosted) solutions, as I
though that might make sense from a 'do it now' stand point, though I
doubt it would be a solution looked on with favor by most here.

Some are module(s) to a full CMS (Drupal [1], WP [2], etc)
[SilverStripe does not have a 'conference' module in the repository, but
looking at what modules and widgets are available it is not much of a
stretch to see how one might go about constructing a SilverStripe
solution, with a minimal amount of custom coding required]

Those that build on web frameworks (a small selection)
 - web2py [3]
 - Dijango [4a]
 - Ruby [5]

On in good old php [6]

A few of the packages hail from the folks behind specific conferences -
i.e.

SCALE [4b] built their own which they have released under GPL. (Dijango
again)

Anyway there are more. I don't mind collecting information on those
listed and some of the others and building a type of cross reference for
features, etc. Could load it up the wiki as spreadsheet perhaps.

//drew

[1] http://usecod.com/
[2] http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/conference-schedule/
[3] http://code.google.com/p/conf2py/