Personally I find that I can write the fastest when I write in XML because I do not have to think at all about the layout.

But the fundamental problem is the content. I would not mind compiling a list somewhere of what docs we need. I would reccomend that we all work towards a single book. Collaborate on the table of contents and then individually write whatever section you can.

Something like (From Zope)
Introducing Webware
+ Why webware
+ Webware vs JSP/PHP/...
Webware Core Concepts
+ Anatomy of a Webware transaction
+ Subclassing to a clean design
Installing Webware
+ Dowload
+ CVS
+ Start / Stop / NTService

First Steps
+ Hello world
+ Hello world w/ sessions
+ Hello world w/ forms
+ Hello world w/ persisence

Database and Python
+ Installing MySQL / Postgres overview
+ Testing drivers
+ Seperating Data and Business layers
++ Creating object layer
+ Hello world w/ database

HTML generation
+PSP
+Cheetah

Advanced Form Handling
+Actions
+FunFormKit
++ w/ Cheetah
++ w/ PSP

Setting Up a WorkSpace
+ Directory Layout
+ Modules
+ Code organization
+ Persentation layer vs Business Layer vs Data Layer

XML
+ XML-RPC handler
++ Blog API

Appending
API ref
PSP ref
Cheeta ref
PSP ref

ETC......

I would stress how easily you can create clean maintainable code in this framework and the flexability of Python.

We already have much of the docs, If you all think this is a good path I'll do some cut 'n paste to get this started (although it took me 5 months to finish the last webware tutorial.....)

-Aaron

Geoffrey Talvola wrote:
I kinda like just using HTML with simple styles for documentation, as we are
now.  It works, it's easy to edit by hand, and it's just one less thing to
learn.

You're right, it's the content that's lacking, not the formatting.  I don't
really care one way or the other if we split it up or leave it in large
pages.

- Geoff