On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 14:55, Marcos Sánchez Provencio wrote:
> I am stress-testing a Webware 0.7 app on Solaris (old) Oracle 7 and
> apache-ssl 1.3. The results are very poor.
>
> Are there any performance reasons to go 0.8?
> Is there any reason for performance to be poor on Solaris?

There aren't any big performance improvements in 0.8.  I can't see why
Solaris would make a difference -- even if thread creation is slow (not
sure if that's the case on Solaris or not), the threads aren't created
that often (unless perhaps you are doing a ton of concurrent requests --
you could turn up the number of pre-allocated threads in
AppServer.config).

Are you pooling connections to the database (via MiscUtils.DBPool)?
That's an important performance measure.

What does top look like when you are stress testing it?  Is Python
(i.e., the AppServer) taking up most of the CPU?

  Ian