Tavis Rudd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I just set up a Wiki for another project, and it would be
> > easy to add a Webware section to it.  It's only useful if
> > people really use it -- a critical mass has to be reached
> > -- but if people are interested it would be easy to set
> > up.
>
> I'm interested.  Anyone else??  The email lists are great
> for discussion, but most of 0.7 topics will require more
> than just a free-flow discussion. They are complex enough
> that it will be a huge aid if there was a single place that
> someone can drop into at any time and get an overview of
> the issue, the target release, the status, the background &
> concepts, the decisions made / code written, the open
> issues / needed code, etc.  (just like PEPs)

Well, what the heck, I set it up.  It's at:

  http://webware.colorstudy.net/twiki

It uses TWiki (http://twiki.sf.net), which is in Perl :(, but I had
set it up before, and it seems to be well supported.  It has
versioning, which is a very nice feature.

I'm thinking of doing the Parnassus-like page for Webware on the same
site -- where people can post useful servlets they made, and post
links to any other projects as well.  It could potentially be done
directly in the Wiki (which would be real easy), or with a Webware
servlet or two.

I think this might encourage more useful code sharing... not the
killer application Tom was talking about, but hopefully a set of good,
small, reusable pieces of code.

  Ian