The simple answer is to do what Vince said - put a symbolic link in the
apache root.

Looking at other instructions, out of curiosity - from the quick start
guide:

After about 5 minutes, open the station web page in a web browser. You
should see your station information and data.

*file:///var/www/weewx/index.html* <file:///var/www/weewx/index.html>

If your hardware supports hardware archiving, then how long you wait will
depend on the *archive interval*
<http://weewx.com/docs/usersguide.htm#archive_interval> set in your
hardware.

does the browser find the page??

Although if you have changed things in weewx.conf the files could now be
being put into different places!!