​Hello,

Unfortunately, your website just returned a page saying, "Test," so I was
not able to take a look at it.

The WMR180 hardware reports windGust, so that's what weewx would be using.
My hunch is that if windSpeed == windGust, that's because that's what the
hardware is reporting. You can start weewxd from the command line and watch
the windSpeed and windGust values go by to be sure.

However, if you try $day.wind.max, you should get the max wind speed seen
in all the LOOP packets.

-tk