Answers imbedded below.

On Monday, 20 February 2017 11:18:58 UTC-4, wysiwyg wrote:

> Unfortunately, I am not confortable with python and I was not able to read
> how the MQTT message shall looks like as input for wxMesh.

I created the format of the message, as described below.

> If I guessed well, the mqtt topic id should be *weather*.

Correct.

> I have many questions !!
>
> In a previous message of this thread, it is mentionned:
>
> TIME:0,AMBT: 7.23,BARP:1001.97,RHUM:70.92,HUMT: 4.44,IRRA:12,BATV:974,PHOV
> :673,SYST:33.20,WIND:  0.0,WDIR:  0.0

That is the message format: "keyword<colon>value<comma>.... repeated"

> But I dont see the link with weewx labels here,c an you help a bit with
> that ?

In the wxMesh driver section of your weewx.conf file, list the mapping
between the keywords in the MQTT message, and weewx's internal names for
the data packet. I've added some documentation
here: https://github.com/morrowwm/weewxMQTT/wiki/Configuration

The genLoopPackets() method in the driver converts the keyword:value pairs
in to weewx's packet.

Also I wonder how to deal with multiple publisher: I have in mind to have
> at least 2 (1 for outside, 1 for inside and barometric sensor).
> last question, what is the expected format for time stamp ? unix epoc
> timestamp? ( like 1487603802 ).

That is exactly how I am gathering my data. I have an inside Adafruit
Feather Huzzah with a Sparkfun HTU21D temperature/humidity sensor adding
the inside temperature/humidity to my outside observations. Weewx accepts
both publications to the weather topic and merges them together.

I am not setting the time before the data gets to weewx, it is set inside
the wxMesh driver. This was easier than trying to keep accurate time
upstream in the data path, before data get to weewx. Time setting is done
by these two lines in the driver:

                    if( key=="TIME" and data[key] == "0"):
                        data[key] = str(int(time.time()))

> And finally: simple measurements (temp, humidity, pressure...) seems ok,
> but how is working measurements like rain ? ( what is the data to be put
> here: daily total? )

I am not collecting rain data yet. It is snowing here presently :)

Depending on how your station collects and provides rain measurement, you
might have to adjust the driver.

My plan is to build a rain collector which will publish the rainfall for
each minute or so. weewx has the capability of calculating accumulated
rainfall, I believe.

> Sorry for this question avalanche !

P.S. Tom. mwall et al: should this sort of conversation be moved to the
weewx-development group?