Sorry for not trimming the previous replies...now one more thing, how are
you getting the weather data from the mqtt broker into weewx?  From what I
understand the mqtt extension only pushes weather data to an mqtt broker
and not vice versa?  Maybe it does, but the wording on Mathew's GIT page
suggests it only publishes it doesn't subscribe.  Would be nice if it
subscribed too, then you could completely decouple weewx from the hardware
a universal translator so to speak.  Maybe it does this, and I'm not
understanding it completely.