[wasn't sure if this belonged in the development group or here, so posting
to both places]

Hi all,

I’ve got an Accurate 5-in-1, with the sensor at the top of a tower (100
feet or so) and the console in a blockhouse on the bottom. The console is
in USB mode 4, and attached to a computer running CentOS with WeeWX running.

Today we had a line of severe thunderstorms so out team went back to check
what was reported. Wind/Temp/Humidity/Wind Vector information all seem to
be correct. However, the rain amount is showing up with rain last night
when we had clear conditions and a HUGE number for rain today.

The sensor could be reporting a faulty number, or possibly this is caused
by the Accurite driver or WeeWX itself. If anyone has any debugging ideas
I’d appreciate it. (Kind of a challenge to get at the sensor array, it’s on
top of a mast on top of the tower).

I have a very similar model of weather station at home and it correctly
reflected .2 inches of rain.

Here’s the database search and the output.

Thanks in advance,
Jerry KB2GCG

[w3vd@w3dra-ebright-server01 ~]$ echo "SELECT dateTime,rain,rainrate FROM
archive WHERE rain > 0 or rainrate > 0 order by dateTime;" | sqlite3
/var/lib/weewx/weewx.sdb

datetime rain rainrate
1488005400 0.68 1.6838095238
1488005700 0 2.72