I would say that this will quite often be the case.

The daily high wind gust pointer should always indicate the highest wind
speed seen after midnight at the start of the day and up to and including
midnight at the end of the day. In other words it will reflect the highest
wind speed indicated by the gauge hand throughout the day. At midnight the
daily high wind gust pointer is reset to 0 and it will again start tracking
the highest wind speed seen throughout the new day. On the other hand, the
10 minute gust value is the highest wind speed seen over the last 10
minutes, it is not constrained by day boundaries. So consider the first
packet that arrives after midnight, say at 2 seconds after midnight.
Assuming its windSpeed value is >0, the daily high wind gust pointer will
move the this new value. Now if the 10 minute wind gust value is currently
higher than this latest windSpeed (in other words the 10 minute wind gust
occurred some time in the last 10 minutes of the previous day), the daily
high wind gust pointer will not be affected by the 10 minute wind gust and
nor should it (because it occurred yesterday). If the 2 seconds after
midnight windSpeed value is higher than the 10 minute wind gust value, then
the 10 minute wind gust value will be updated to this new windSpeed value
and the daily high wind gust pointer will indicate the same value (as will
the wind speed gauge hand).

The real check for correct operation of the daily high wind gust pointer
just after midnight is to verify that it tracks the highest speed indicated
by the gauge hand after midnight. If the gauge hand indicates say 5mph and
the daily high wind gust pointer indicates 4 mph then we have a problem.

Gary