It seems that merely setting "wgustTM" in 'gauge-data.txt' to the highest
of the daily-high-gust-value from weewx and the current rtgd "wgust" value
would be an easy fix.  I am not fluent in Python, so this may not be
technically correct, but in principle like this:

IndicatedDailyHigh = max(weewxDailyHigh, rtgdTenMinuteHigh)

-Bob