Apologies for dragging this up from the dead...

I, too, have a wmr200 that has been running fine (with only very occasional
reception loss e.g. on low battery or significant local RF transmission)
standalone for several years.

I recently installed WeeWx/Apache2 running headless on an early Raspberry
Pi running the standard (Debian) wheezy image. Software runs fine, no log
issues, generates reports nicely.

I lost reception from the outdoor sensors as soon as I connected the USB
cable to the WMR- even if WeeWx isn't running on the RaPi.  it is like
magic- connect- lose sensors-disconnect and the data returns to the
display.

I guessed there was an RFI/EMI problem, so added ferrite slugs to all the
RaPi cables- now I just lose the wind sensor (which i think is the poorest
transmitter as it suffers very occasional data loss normally).

My question is, did you succeed in making it reliable, and has anyone
experimented with grounding? I'm going to split the cables as above but
both the RaPi and the WMR have cheap floating-output switch mode PSUs which
makes me think providing a ground might help?

Thanks,

Peter
p.s. *please* don't tell me to get a Vantage; that was my undisputed choice
but I ended up with the WMR because 'someone' spotted a Christmas present
opportunity whilst I was working myself up to spend what the  Davis  cost
;-)