On Monday, 1 January 2018 20:27:29 UTC+10, Cycle London wrote:

> Ah, that looks so much better, thank you!

Hmm, that sounds promising but your next few lines do not sound so good.

> One thing puzzles me.  I installed using the 'simplified' method in the
> User Guide: http://www.weewx.com/docs/usersguide.htm
>
> In short, `apt-get install weewx`, but whilst the installation succeeded
> (except for the original subject of this post), there is nothing under
> /var/www/html (except for an index.html).  Is this normal? Where can I find
> the files to place into the HTML_ROOT?

The installation may have succeeded but to obtain any output weeWX must be
running, obtaining data from your station, saving data to the database and
then generating output. WeeWX places the generated output in HTML_ROOT by
default. You need to have a look at your log to see what is happening.
Unless you have changed things this should be in /var/log/syslog. Open the
log and have a look at the last time you started weeWX, what does it say?
If the issue/answer is not obvious post an extract from the log, best from
when weeWX was started until any error trace is complete. Don't delete or
otherwise alter any lines. The log will tell what is or is not happening.

Also, I want to use MySQL but of course, that's MariaDB as standard these
> days.  Any problems with this?

No problems at all. I would strongly suggest you get weeWX up and running
properly with SQLite before attempting to move to MySQL or MariaDB.  Small
steps.

Gary