Chris, Ralph,
   Good to hear the Peet Brothers weather station has been very reliable,
this is exactly while I chose it. I have been using an Acurite and for the
money, I think they are very good, but the RF wireless link is very
unreliable when running 24/7 and I have made many tweaks which improves it,
but it is still not as reliable as I would like it.

UPDATE: Based upon earlier comments by Andrew and mwall to have a
devrule for the serial to USB converter, I did get this to work. Since I am
a newbie to the LINUX world, I followed the Wiki weewx exactly, but it did
not work for me. I did find how to do it which is close to the weewx wiki
but not the same.

The weewx.rules files need to be located in the rules.d folder
*/etc/udev/rules.d/weewx.rules*  (not /etc/udev/weews.rules) and there is a
type of one "=" sign missing for the serial number. Since I am not  LINUX
expert I would let some else update the wiki who knows much more than I do.

Since I have added the new udev rule for the serial to USB converter,
I have had reliable operations for about 4 days, where before it would
always fail within 1 day.

Cheers,
Terry