On 1 February 2018 at 09:43, Yves Martin <ve2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Glenn,
>
> Actually, I'm using FTP, but this could be a good idea to use rsync. Is
> there a way to change this setting easily?

You can stick to the FTP, especially if it's working! You can change it in
weewx.conf , I assumed that's where the FTP was being called from? There
are 2 sections in the config [FTP] and [RSYNC], just pick one.

The reason why I asked was because you can hijack weewx's [RSYNC] to
transfer files other than the web server ones, but after thinking about it
and looking at my setup I decided it was time to evolve so I've added the
rsync directly to the wxobs skin. It's more focused and tidier this way,
and doesn't rely on the weewx.conf [RSYNC] setting - It's totally
independent of that.

You just need to have rsync installed on the pi and the NAS, and configure
password-less access. It doesn't have to be the root account either, just
one that has the required (rwx) permissions on both computers.

Cheers
 Glenn

rorpi - read only raspberry pi & various weewx addons
https://github.com/glennmckechnie