On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 9:57:59 AM UTC-7, Cycle London wrote:

> OK, I officially give up.
>
> I got a CentOS 6.9 VM running, updated it, and snapshotted it before I
> started to play around.  The following is what I did AFTER I had downloaded
> the weewx tarball and I am inside the untarred directory.  I obviously
> didn't see that pyusb wasn't available, but my attempts to get the RPM and
> install it manually, well ... you'll see.

Methinks you give up too soon perhaps...

Both pyusb and pyserial are available if you use centos7

For centos6 you need to enable the EPEL repository to find stuff missing
from centos6

yum install -y wget
wget
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm
rpm -ivh epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm
yum install pyusb

And yes, I've wanted to toss a keyboard through the monitor more than once
battling centos6 missing stuff in the normal repos.

That said, I'd recommend you use centos7 for longer term support and more
modern stuff in there.  Really.