There is no such line in the log or anything similar (I view the log with
sudo tail -f /var/log/syslog - I assumes thats ok)

My weewx.conf does contain the following

[StdArchive]

    # If the station hardware supports data logging then the archive
interval
    # will be downloaded from the station. Otherwise, specify it (in
seconds).
    archive_interval = 300
    record_generation = software
    # If possible, new archive records are downloaded from the station
    # hardware. If the hardware does not support this, then new archive
    # records will be generated in software.
    # Set the following to "software" to force software record generation.

    # Whether to include LOOP data in hi/low statistics
    loop_hilo = True

    # The data binding used to save archive records
    data_binding = wx_binding

Should I change record_generation = software to record_generation = hardware

John