On Sunday, 20 May 2018 08:16:34 UTC+10, Steve2Q wrote:

> Hi Gary..I did the upgrade to 3.8.0 and so far all is well. I will have to
> check the clock on my console (Peet Bros Ultimeter) after 24 hours or so to
> see if the autocorrection in the driver is working. Up till now, I have
> been using an older version of the Ultimeter driver as the newer ones did
> not update the clock. Lets see if the one included with the upgrade works.

If the driver doesn't work out there should be no reason why you cannot
continue to use 3.8.0 but revert the Peet Bros driver to the version you
were previously using.

> Next I have to start reading up on how to include some forecasts. I did
> try to put WU on the Steel Gauges scrolling banner, but that did not work
> possibly because; a. I had to do more than just set enable = true under
> [[WU]] in weewx.conf and/or b. WU is not accepting my API.

You need to populate a few settings under [[WU]]. Best description at the
moment is in the comments at about line 287 in rtgd.py.

You can do a simple check with your browser to see if your API key is good
and/or if the WU API is working. Just use one of the following URLs in your
browser substituting as indicated:

WU station ID query (substitute your API key for API_KEY and WU Station ID
for STATION_ID):

http://api.wunderground.com/api/API_KEY/forecast/q/pws:STATION_ID.json

city query (substitute your API key for API_KEY, country for COUNTRY and
city for CITY)

http://api.wunderground.com/api/API_KEY/forecast/q/COUNTRY/CITY.json

lat/long query if you don't have a WU station ID or city to use (substitute
your API key for API_KEY, latitude for LAT (- for south) and longitude for
LONG (- for west)):

http://api.wunderground.com/api/API_KEY/forecast/q/LAT,LONG.json

If it all works you should get back a JSON formatted page of data, really
doesn't matter what the data is; it will either work and give you some
legible data or it will fail.

Gary

Gary