No insights (to me ) from the files you provided.

What's in no.htaccess? I wouldn't have thought there could be anything
in there that would prevent weewx from using the contents of NOAA.
It's more a webserver control point  - but then...?

Ownership and permissions seem okay. root.www-data is typical for a
debian install, 775 is liberal.

It's nice to see someone else that uses 'tree' It's a great little
program  and perfect for this case!
it shows the files where they should be.

I guess you could move them (the ones in public_html/NOAA ) aside,
then restart weewx to allow weewx to regenerate them. Then see if
excitement or disappointment wins that coin toss.

If it wasn't for the fact that your tmpl and skin.conf works here...
flawlessly even... Phttt.