Indeed! That looks better, the menu is now populated and working.
It appears that removing the "search_list_extensions =
user.forecast.ForecastVariables"  entry has made all the difference.

That line is still in the copy I have here but I don't have the
forecast extension installed so it had nothing to call. Maybe I should
install it here and see if it breaks it here to. Maybe, I'll hold fire
unless it helps further. chores are calling.
(You're using forecast v3.2.4  by the looks of it)

Looking at the wiki page for forecasting, it mentions adding it to
that location.
https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki/forecasting

With hindsight in full, a search on weewx-user returns  a couple of
hits, 2 of interest are...
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/weewx-user/k3yy2IK__Ow/discussion
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/weewx-user/p1AYCf0KkxI/discussion

It appears that it's cropped up before and Mathew may still want to
know about this?
The wiki page for forecast shows there is a version 3.3.0 available.
It may pay to install that version and see if the issue is still
present.

For the record. The [[SummaryByMonth]] and [[SummaryByYear]] do come
before the [[ToDate]] section in Bobs skin.conf.

Great that it's working now.
A side affect is I have a better understanding of the mechanics of the
NOAA templates !  ;-)

I'm with you regarding the plane trip, you'd only work up more of a
thirst too, although the 40 deg C days appear to be behind us for a
while, back to the 20's for a while.  (Good!)

--

Cheers
 Glenn

rorpi - read only raspberry pi & various weewx addons
https://github.com/glennmckechnie