Hi Matt,

Further to Bob's comment regarding those html comments.

The commented code that you see in Bob's template is not the actual
NOAA generating code. It is a duplicate that I included when we were
troubleshooting this originally.  The original #for...#end for code is
still contained in the template.

I wanted to see if the variables were being found and populated when
it was being parsed by weewx. They weren't and if you're seeing them
again then we're back to the same state as before. The javascript is
being skipped, perhaps because the variables aren't being filled.?

On 09/02/2019, bgrat...@umw.edu <bgrat...@umw.edu> wrote:
> Matt,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply. I've been trying to fix things and forgot to
> clean up some of the test code changes, sorry. However, when I make the
> corrections the drop down NOAA menus are still missing. I have attached my
> corrected index.html.tmpl file.
> No errors are showing up that I see. Thanks.
> Bob
>
> On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 10:41:28 AM UTC-5, mwall wrote:
>>

>> On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 10:04:35 AM UTC-5, bgrattan wrote:
>>>
>>> Any idea what's going on here? You say its working for you but I can't
>>> seem to find the correct setting to have both the forecast and NOAA
>>> summaries. I have attached my Standard/skin.conf
>>>

>> in your index.html.tmpl you have commented out the cheetah code that
>> generates the 'select' items for the NOAA menus.
>>
>> this is what i see in your generated html:
>>
>>         <select NAME=noaaselect onchange="openNoaaFile(value)">
>>        <!--  for $monthYear in []
>>             <option value="$monthYear">$monthYear</option>
>>         end for -->
>>     <option selected>-Select month-</option>
>>         </select>
>>         Yearly summary:&nbsp;
>>         <select NAME=noaaselect onchange="openNoaaFile(value)">
>>         <!-- for $yr in []
>>             <option value="$yr">$yr</option>
>>         end for -->
>>     <option selected>-Select year-</option>
>>         </select>
>>
>> this is what is in the original index.html.tmpl:
>>
>>         <select NAME=noaaselect onchange="openNoaaFile(value)">
>>         #for $monthYear in $SummaryByMonth
>>             <option value="$monthYear">$monthYear</option>
>>         #end for
>>             <option selected>-Select month-</option>
>>         </select>
>>         Yearly summary:&nbsp;
>>

>>         <select NAME=noaaselect onchange="openNoaaFile(value)">
>>         #for $yr in $SummaryByYear
>>             <option value="$yr">$yr</option>
>>         #end for
>>             <option selected>-Select year-</option>
>>         </select>
>>
>> you have removed the '#for' loops, so the menus are not generated.

Cheers
 Glenn

rorpi - read only raspberry pi & various weewx addons
https://github.com/glennmckechnie