Matt,
One thing I have noticed which may or may not give you a clue is my [Time]
format is not being picked up correctly from skin.conf. I have set the
following which isn't showing--it seems to have defaulted to something else/

        day        = %H:%M
        week       = %H:%M on %A
        month      = %d-%b-%Y %H:%M
        year       = %d-%b-%Y %H:%M
        rainyear   = %d-%b-%Y %H:%M
        current    = %A %B-%d-%Y %H:%M
        ephem_day  = %H:%M
        ephem_year = %d-%b-%Y %H:%M

It may have happened in the upgrade to 3.9.1

This may be some other problem which I won't work on until we figure out what
is going on with the present ForecastVaribles.

Thanks.  Bob