On Saturday, 27 April 2019 20:09:46 UTC+2, vince wrote:

> There are a few moving parts to deal with:
>  - you need to get your sensor data into the database(s) you're trying to
> populate
>  - you need to generate the image(s) you want to display
>  - you possibly need to add/delete/alter any text data you want to
> generate in the skin(s) you want to display it in
>  - you possibly need to similarly tweak the .tmpl file for the skin(s) you
> want to show the text data or image in
>
> I took a quick look at the wiki and user + customization guides online and
> can't find a simple example of all the steps, which would be a hole in the
> documentation unless I missed it someplace.   A lot of the docs are perhaps
> a bit low-level for the simple case of '*I have a sensor to add, how do I
> get it into a db and then display it on my web pages*'.  Sometimes I
> guess the docs get a bit too low-level for the obvious minimal tweaks
> people do to salt to taste...

Uggh! I've just dumped the schema and there's not enough temperature,
humidity, pressure, battery level, and signal strength columns for 11
sensors

There's only 3 extraTemps and it would be messy to hijack soilTemp and
leafTemp, there's only 2 extraHumids, only 1 baramoter and signal, and no
extraBatteryStatus

Looks like it's going to be a lot of work to rewrite everything to
duplicate what hubapi.myacurite.com used to do :-(