I'm not sure how the Davis driver works, but with the Meteostick driver
it's able to calculate rxCheckPercent
<https://github.com/matthewwall/weewx-meteostick/blob/master/bin/user/meteostick.py#L404-L413>

based on number of RF packets received over a known interval
<https://github.com/matthewwall/weewx-meteostick/blob/master/bin/user/meteostick.py#L356-L373>

and doing that math. Since I use the Meteostick driver for my Davis
station, I'm set to software generation and I get the rxCheckPercent. I
wonder if there's a way to incorporate this bit of code into a Davis driver
fork?

Could be a large project (which I'm not volunteering for) but thought I'd
at least mention it and link to the code.