Sean Jahnig <seanocas...@gmail.com> writes:

> I contacted weatherflow regarding their station and they said they're not
> selling it outside of the us and Canada because of frequencies etc. That
> are designed only to work in those places. I guess that means it won't have
> full functionality outside of us and canada

I don't think that's the right interpretation.

There is a notion of unlicensed radiofrequency usage, typically for
short-range communications, and many countries have regulations about
this.  However, a lot of them are different and in particular the
frequencies that are allowed are different.  My understanding is that US
and Canadian rules are very similar.

In the US this goes by the name "Part 15" (from 47 CFR 15), and you will
find hobbyist parts that operate on 915 MHz here but in Europe are
supposed to be operated on 868 MHz.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISM_band
https://www.adafruit.com/product/3070

WiFi has similar issues, with different channels in different countries.

I really don't know the details  of WF, but if they say they're only
selling it in US/CAN because of "frequencies", that's a huge clue that
the device transmits on frequencies that are not necessarily authorized
in other countries.