On Wednesday, October 16, 2019 at 9:45:15 AM UTC-7, Sean Jahnig wrote:

> I contacted weatherflow regarding their station and they said they're not
> selling it outside of the us and Canada because of frequencies etc. That
> are designed only to work in those places. I guess that means it won't have
> full functionality outside of us and Canada

That's not quite completely accurate.   They initially did a run of over
3000 units for their kickstarter supporters, split between US and European
frequency compatible gear.   After that they did additional hardware runs
for the US market only, if I recall correctly.

Their 'rain check' functionality was initially rolled out US only as well,
so it's possible that they simply delayed non-US additional units until
they could support everybody just as well.

They also pre-announced a coming revision of the station on their website
just the other day, which from the picture looks like it's all going to be
in one unit seemingly built on the same kind of technology.  Of course with
(another) kickstarter it's very hard to predict what the actual hardware
will look like or how good it will be, especially initially.  But that's
the risk of saving some money and going the kickstarter initial supporter
route rather than waiting for the generally available gear to become
available.