On Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 8:27:12 AM UTC-4, Sebastien ROVERCH wrote:

> either I have a driver problem
>
> either my weather station is not compatible with xxxx
>
> can not edit:
>
> /home/weewx/wee_device --set-interval=5
>
> When
>
> /home/weewx/bin/wee_device --info
>
> I have this message and nothing happens.
>
> Using configuration file /home/weewx/weewx.conf
> Using FineOffsetUSB driver version 1.10 (weewx.drivers.fousb)
> Querying the station...

sebastian,

please look in the log file while wee_device is running.  that should tell
you what is happening.  to get even more information, set debug=1 in the
weewx configuration file before you run wee_device

you will probably have to preface the command with sudo:

sudo /home/weewx/bin/wee_device --info

the log messages that you saw about 'unstable read' are often benign - it
is not unusual to see only one or two periodically.  however, since you see
many, and the value is always 0x0, that indicates a possible problem with
the physical usb connection.  how is the station connected to the computer,
and what kind of computer is it?