Thats exactly what I'm doing. Here is the mqtt config:

[root@wxgen ~]# cat /etc/mosquitto/mosquitto.conf

# Place your local configuration in /etc/mosquitto/conf.d/

pid_file /var/run/mosquitto.pid

persistence true

persistence_location /var/lib/mosquitto/

log_dest file /var/log/mosquitto/mosquitto.log

include_dir /etc/mosquitto/conf.d

# Plain MQTT protocol

listener 1883

protocol mqtt

listener 1884

protocol websockets

# End of plain MQTT configuration

# Bridge to remote Broker example.com

connection bridge-to-remote

# Path to the remote Broker:

address mqtt.eclipse.org:1883

cleansession false

# client ID to be used at remote Broker:

clientid wxgen.senia.org

start_type automatic

notifications false

try_private false

# Publish everything which is published to topic /public/# on local Broker
to remote Broker into topic /public/from_local.brocker/ with QOS2:

topic weather/loop out 0 "" wx.senia.org/

# Bridge to remote Broker example.com

connection replicate-to-remote

# Path to the remote Broker:

address wxgen.senia.org:1883

cleansession false

# client ID to be used at remote Broker:

clientid wxgen.senia.org_replicate

start_type automatic

notifications false

try_private false

# Publish everything which is published to topic /public/# on local Broker
to remote Broker into topic /public/from_local.brocker/ with QOS2:

topic weather/loop out 0 "" wx.senia.org/

/etc/weewx/weewx.conf

    [[MQTT]]

        binding = archive, loop

        server_url = mqtt://wxgen.senia.org:1883/

        topic = weather

        post_interval = 2