Guys I too have been following, I am now running pythonv3 weewxv4 with
1wire rain, my solution is different and messy but seems to work for me,
But while trying to sort out my problem found a report about problems with
owserver on Pi using buster....github miccoli in the config file edit
owserver.service ExecStart=/user/bin/owserver -c /etc/OWFS,conf
—foreground, Apparently on the OWFS developer mailing list this is
discussed. My system is working without the foreground option apparently
the problem is intermittent.
Don’t know if this is related to your problem though