Hello,

I am a new owner of a vantage 2 station and future user of weewx. I
discovered that there are lots of different data loggers. Not easy to find
your way around at the start. I’m trying a summary that might interest
other new weewx users.
I haven't made up my mind yet. perhaps the "meteostick"

*The meteo-pi*
Farbicated by https://wifilogger.net/where.html
<https://wifilogger.net/where.html>

Advantage 1: equipped with a RTCmodule
disadvantage 1: depends on a Davis console
disadvantage 2: request to connect to the Davis station with the raspberry
by a cable, (but allows to supply the Davis console with electricity,
therefore replaces the power cable of the Davis console)

English seller = £ 89 (
https://shop.weatherstations.co.uk/meteo-pi-1832-p.asp)
USA seller = 89 € (
https://www.scaledinstruments.com/shop/davis-instruments/hardware-data-loggers-software/hardware-software-bundles/meteo-pi
)

*WiFi Logger v2 *
Farbicated by https://wifilogger.net/where.html
<https://wifilogger.net/where.html>

Advantage: in wifi so no cable between the Davis console and the raspberry
disadvantage 1: depends on a Davis console
disadvantage 2: I am not sure that communication with weewx is possible (no
user seen having tested and validated the feasibility)

English seller
<https://shop.weatherstations.co.uk/wifi-logger-v2-1752-p.asp>= £ 149 (
https://shop.weatherstations.co.uk/wifi-logger-v2-1752-p.asp)
USA seller
<https://www.scaledinstruments.com/shop/davis-instruments/hardware-data-loggers-software/hardware-software-bundles/wifilogger2/>=
 139
€ (
https://www.scaledinstruments.com/shop/davis-instruments/hardware-data-loggers-software/hardware-software-bundles/wifilogger2/
)

*Meteostick*
Made by https://www.smartbedded.com/wiki/index.php/Meteostick
Manual: https://www.smartbedded.com/files/manual-en.pdf

Advantage 1: independent of a Davis console

Advantage 2: driver validated by weewx
disadvantage 1: not autonomous to put information independently on the
Internet (if the raspberry crashes for example)

Dutch seller
<https://weerhuisje.nl/en/meteobridge/wh-meteostick-usb-stick-receiver-for-davis-iss/a-11572-90>=
 159
€ (
https://weerhuisje.nl/en/meteobridge/wh-meteostick-usb-stick-receiver-for-davis-iss/a-11572-90
)
Swiss seller = 209 CHF (https://meteobridge.shop/meteostick_1)

*The meteobrige*made by https://wiki.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Home

Advantage: autonomous to update a large number of weather site and offers
interesting features
disadvantage 1: depends on a Davis console
disadvantage 2: I am not sure that communication with weewx is possible (no
user seen having tested and validated the feasibility)
disadvantage 3: I understand there is a license to pay

English seller
<https://shop.weatherstations.co.uk/meteobridge-nano-1771-p.asp>= £ 205 (
https://shop.weatherstations.co.uk/meteobridge-nano-1771-p.asp)
There is also the Meteobridge Nano SD = £ 279 (
https://shop.weatherstations.co.uk/meteobridge-nano-sd-1776-p.asp)

*and many other solutions:*

   - Davis WeatherLink = £ 225 (
   https://shop.weatherstations.co.uk/data-loggers-software-9-c.asp)
   - Davis data-logger in USB or serial = £ 169 or £ 69 (
   https://shop.weatherstations.co.uk/6510-unboxed-usb-logger-1814-p.asp)
   - Meteobridge pro = £ 359 (
   https://shop.weatherstations.co.uk/sb-04-meteobridge-pro-1041-p.asp)
   - airbridge-receiver wifi =  $ 290 (