Just to close this off I installed the updated vantage driver on my system
and sunrise/sunset from the console is spot on today. If the anomaly
bothers you and you can't wait for 4.1.2 to be released you can download
the patched vantage driver here
<https://raw.githubusercontent.com/weewx/weewx/master/bin/weewx/drivers/vantage.py>.

Just use

$ wget -P /var/tmp https:
//raw.githubusercontent.com/weewx/weewx/master/bin/weewx/drivers/vantage.py

to download to /var/tmp and then copy in place of the existing driver (
/home/weewx/bin/weewx/drivers/vantage.py or
/usr/share/weewx/weewx/drivers/vantage.py) and restart WeeWX. You will need
to run WeeWX directly and observer the sunrise/sunset values in the loop
packets or use some other means to view the loop data as WeeWX does not
normally display/use the console provided sunrise/sunset times.

Gary