I did move my /var/log to a ramdisk.     since the rpi isn't doing
anythng but running weewx, I don't expect there is much other writing to it.

oh, and I got a high write endurance microSD card, too, after killing my
first one.

thats something I hate about SD cards and USB Sticks, they don't have any
diagnostics ala smartctl, so there's no way of knowing how much write
endurance they have left.

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 4:01 PM galfert <galf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It isn't the minute by minute update that kills the SD card, rather the OS
> that is hammering away at the SD card in a much worse way than the minute
> by minute update. Of course the minute by minute update doesn't help but
> that part is minor compared to what the OS is doing.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/e39a1737-f92f-4390-b662-bba901df5700o%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/e39a1737-f92f-4390-b662-bba901df5700o%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

-john r pierce
  recycling used bits in santa cruz