I must admit that I only looked at the wview-extended schema when developing
the default field map and did not consider weewx.units.obs_group_dict, though
it makes sense to use weewx.units.obs_group_dict where possible. Will change
the default mapping for the three rain fields as suggested.

Not sure why you think ‘uvi’ is mapped to ‘uv’, it is and always has been
mapped to ‘UV’.

The GW1000 API supports two UV related observations, these are labelled UV and
UVI with supporting comments that UV is in micro watts/sq metre and UVI is an
index from 0 to 15. UVI is mapped to WeeWX field UV. The GW1000 UV value is not
what WeeWX knows as radiation. The discussion at
https://github.com/gjr80/weewx-gw1000/issues/6 revealed the GW1000 derives what
WeeWX knows as radiation from a luminosity observation. Also, the units don’t
gel, the GW1000 UV field uses 2 bytes and thus a maximum of 65536 micro
watts/sq metre, solar isolation on the other hand is of the order of hundreds
of watts/sq metre. I am happy to be corrected but for now will be leaving
uvRadiation mapping as is (actually will change uvRadiation to uvradiation).

Changes will appear in b8.

Gary