If you to provide some details on problems the handful of files experienced
I am happy to look at wee_import to see if any changes can be made to
improve its handling of such files. The WD import module of wee_import was
developed based on a handful of WD log files found on the internet, so it
is quite possible there are some corner cases that may cause wee_import to
reject a file.

Gary

On Wednesday, 2 September 2020 at 07:08:20 UTC+10 Andrew M wrote:

> After many, many hours the wee-import processed all but a handful
> of files. Have several that choked on the import.
> Ended up with 3,873,678 records.
>
> Next I need to validate that the data imported to look for any potential
> bad data.
>

> On Friday, August 21, 2020 at 7:31:36 PM UTC-4 Andrew M wrote:
>
>> Thank you for the response.
>>
>> I actually changed up how I am going about this. My WD ran on a Windows10
>> box. I had a RaspPi box sitting in a box so i decided to use that for WeeWx.
>> I was formatting the hard drive on the Win10 machine when i had the
>> thought that I should just put Debian on that and use that for WeeWx.
>> Which I did. This machine is a little faster that the RaspPi , so one I
>> have other things straight I will use that for the conversion. Migrating
>> the MySql from WD to the tables that WeeWX has is probably doable, but
>> really don't want to sit down and think about it that much. I will just let
>> the current weather collect on the RaspPi box and then once the import is
>> done on the now Debian box I can combine the two DB much easier.
>>
>> I have 60k rows on the MySQL DB with my current webhost, but more than
>> that saved external to that on a hard drive from a previous webhost that I
>> never moved.
>>

>> On Wednesday, August 19, 2020 at 8:37:29 PM UTC-4 gjr80 wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry can't help you with MySQL to MySQL migration.
>>>
>>> Regards wee_import though, yes it can be slow. When I wrote the WD
>>> import module the WD user who first used it in anger had something like
>>> (from memory) 10 years of data to import. The import had to be done in
>>> batches (again from memory) of 2-3 years each (wee_import uses
>>> transactions on the database but does keep track of duplicate timestamps
>>> and a few other things so memory usage does grow as the span of the import
>>> grows). I found one email from the user with the results of the first batch
>>> import and 1.4 millions records were imported on a Raspberry Pi in 58