I can duplicate this problem and will issue a fix.

In the meantime, you can add:
rainyear.outTemp.max
to the fields clause in the LoopData section of weewx.conf?

That will stop this problem.  If you get similar errors for other periods where
you have no fields listed, you’ll have to temporarily add a field for those
periods also.

I should have a fix shortly.  I don’t know that this is related to WeeWX 4.2,
not that that really matters.