Disclaimer: This is my first usage of google groups - hope the answer
reaches this thread.

Ok, from json I get (using my api_key):
"temperatureMax":[null,7,9,8,9,11],"temperatureMin":[-3,-1,4,2,1,4]
which sounds reasonable for my location (see my original post).

Within forecast seasons I see the appended kind of table (I use
forecast_compact.css
within seasons, but as is from weewx 3.x - no update of skin skin files) -
part from /var/www/html/weewx/index.html with the forecast table. To
compare the HTML more easily I've extracted the relevant part from my
rendered weather page :

Fr FW -2 -2 6,4 10
Sa SC  7 -1 7,2 10
So OV  9 -1 6,4 10
Mo OV  8 -1 6,4 20
Di SC  9 -1 8,0 10

As you see the (rendered) temperatureMin is -2,-1,-1,-1,-1

jo...@johnkline.com schrieb am Freitag, 20. November 2020 um 14:20:43 UTC+1:

> Would you please get specific about what you think is wrong?  Include the
> WU output when you use the URL directly.
>
> Let’s concentrate on temperature, since you’ve called that out.  You’ll
> see something like this in the output:
>
> "temperatureMax":[7,7,9,8,9,11],"temperatureMin":[-3,-1,4,2,1,4],
>
> Please include that line and the numbers you are seeing in the forecast.
>  The code is grabbing the high for the daytime 12-hour period and the low
> form the nighttime 12-hour period.  That probably needs to change as, for
> example, the low for the day could be lower than the low for the nighttime
> period.  Let’s see your specific numbers to determine if that is the issue.
>
> On Nov 20, 2020, at 1:16 AM, 'Michael Waldor' via weewx-user <
> weewx...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>

> Just some days ago I've upgraded my raspberry pi 3 installation of weewx
> from 3.x to 4.x (forced to because my SD card seemed to be corrupted).
>
> Since I had to reinstall everything I decided to go with the most recent
> versions - i.e. upgrade raspian from stretch to buster, upgrade weewx from
> 3.x to 4.x, switch from python 2 to python 3.
>
> Getting weewx 4.x was not straightforward to me (I read my own
> documentation when I did my first install more then 2 years back and the
> current upgrade instructions) - by my fault I installed the python 2 weewx
> by apt-get, but finally I discovered the current apt-get repository, and
> now weewx-4.2.0 using python 3 is up and running.
>
> I had an additional problem. My weather station is the Renkforce WH2300
> using the wh23xx extension. As far as I understand this extension is as of
> now not fully ported to python 3. But I discovered a fork an github
> https://github.com/EdwinGH/weewx-wh23xx
> That's running smooth but (being beta) floods the logs - thus I've changed
> its function logmsg to to nothing (python command pass).
>
> And now finally to my remaining problem: I also use the forcast extension
> with wunderground. Here, too, I'm using a temporary version from
> https://github.com/chaunceygardiner/weewx-forecast to get early python 3
> support. It seems to work - I get forcast messages. But the data shown seem
> to be partly off. If I do a direct WU query using json like
>

> https://api.weather.com/v3/wx/forecast/daily/5day?geocode=48.959678,9.25629&format=json&units=m&language=en-US&apiKey=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
>
> I get different max/min temperatures compared with the data shown within
> the seasons skin. Especially the forcast for the current day looks always
> bad. Did I make a mistake within weewx.conf - it contains only the WU
> api_key (no separate location)?

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/5cacd1fa-51c2-4ad6-b995-5d12d7aa5a7dn%40googlegroups.com
>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/5cacd1fa-51c2-4ad6-b995-5d12d7aa5a7dn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/b51a8efa-f486-4483-b305-f9622443ba51n%40googlegroups.com.