> [[field_map_extension]]
>        txBatteryStatus = wh65_batt
>
> and the entry in the stanza [Accumulator] accordingly, wrote back an
> untouched copy of seasons.inc, uncommented the original label in
> skins.conf, and voila, after weewx restart, everything looks ok. Although,
> I would have preferred wh65_battery decribing the field name more
> precisely, when thinking about adding further sensors in the future.  But,
> at least, I can now understand a little part of the whole thing more than
> before.

That's actually a very typical way to use the many available elements
creatively and not need to extend or customize the schema.  I used to do
the same thing notionally when I had three battery-powered WeatherFlow
sensors at the same time.   Just comment your weewx.conf appropriately so
you remember which element is used for which sensor.  Works great !