Hi Clay,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. Funny enough that same day you replied I
decided to move the raspberry pi across the room and I'm amazed to see that
the problem appears to be solved immediately.

I have been watching the weewx.log for months and now after moving the pi I
can see more regular and consistent logging of the packets than before.. it
used to be all over the place. But now, it receives a packet every 18
seconds without fail. So yes, I think you are right, the pi was in an area
that had some kind of electronic or magnetic interference.

Thanks again!