You do not need to uninstall weewx first.

Just follow the install instructions, but use the python3 version instead:

*wget -qO - https://weewx.com/apt/weewx-
<https://weewx.com/apt/weewx->python3.list | sudo tee
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/weewx.list*

*sudo apt-get updatesudo apt-get install weewx*

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 3:42 AM Michael Schantl <
michael.schantl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> I guess you followed the documentation for installing on a Pi?
> http://www.weewx.com/docs/debian.htm
>
> In that case first uninstall WeeWX {should keep configuration}:
>
>    sudo apt remove weewx
>
> Also keep in mind that the WLL driver uses the Python *requests* library.
> Install it using:
>
>    sudo apt install python3-requests
>
> Then re-install according to the page linked above. In the first section
> only run the command that's labeled "*For Debian10 and later, use python3*".
> Skip the following line for Python 2.
> Follow all other sections as usual.
>
> grua...@gmail.com schrieb am Samstag, 20. Februar 2021 um 11:52:18 UTC+1:
>
>> hello michael,
>>
>> you are right - install worked now, but i get an error in syslog.
>>
>> how can i tell my pi to use python3 instead of python2?
>>
>> regards,
>> chris
>>
>> michael.s...@gmail.com schrieb am Freitag, 19. Februar 2021 um 20:00:51
>> UTC+1:
>>
>>> As far as I can see, you are using Python 2 or this problem occurs only
>>> with this version.
>>> However, the plugin is unfortunately only compatible with Python 3, as
>>> it also uses some other Py 3-only features.
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> Michael
>>> grua...@gmail.com schrieb am Freitag, 19. Februar 2021 um 19:31:26