Hallo, I used the rename-colum option of the wee_database utility and it
worked fine. Thank you for the hint.
I noticed one thing concerning case sensitivity. I wanted to rename "CO2"
to "co2" but I got the following output:
pi@WeatherDuinoPI:~ $ wee_database --rename-column=CO2 --to-name=co2
Using configuration file /etc/weewx/weewx.conf
Using database binding 'wx_binding', which is bound to database
'archive_sqlite'
Rename column 'CO2' to 'co2' (y/n)? y
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/weewx/weedb/sqlite.py", line 30, in guarded_fn
    return fn(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/weewx/weedb/sqlite.py", line 219, in execute
    return sqlite3.Cursor.execute(self, *args, **kwargs)
sqlite3.OperationalError: there is already another table or index with this
name: archive_day_co2

Seems as there is a problem with case sensitivity, so I changed the name to
"carbon" and then to "co2" as workaround.

Regards,
engolling