Well-  I admit I am not that proficient with linux- enough for me to check
permissions on things (web server)-  I have now cleared my browser
(Firefox) cache: no joy.  I have had WEEWX up and running for a number of
years now- and I have managed to upgrade it from 1 version to the next
version.  Perhaps there is a way I could re-install WEEWX?  As long as I
maintain my WEEWX.SDB database file!  I want to retain all my WX history.
Just to reiterate my situation:  When I view my local Rpi ip address:
192.168.1.38/weewx) I see the full graphic-laden screen.  That is good!
When I view my internet source (https://www.n8aay.net) I see only the
text-only version.  I can tell that this is a "situation" with the
INDEX.HTML file.  In both situations the files are updated with the correct
current time/date.  I have tried this on 2 different PC's here at home on
my LAN- with the same result.  I also tried it on my smart phone browser
when I was away from my home LAN: no joy there.
The only 'thing' I have done recently is to upgrade from the previous WEEWX
version- to the newest version (4.8.0); and even after I upgraded to 4.8.0
it was working just fine; nominally.  I appreciate your assistance.
 /EricG