the first is an errorlog when i start weewx
the second is errorlog of syslog

thx

Op vr 4 nov. 2022 om 19:07 schreef Alex Vanuxem <vanuxemal...@gmail.com>:

> Op vr 4 nov. 2022 om 19:07 schreef Alex Vanuxem <vanuxemal...@gmail.com>:
>
>> hi thx
>>
>> i forgot to init.d the rsyslog.
>>
>> now i have syslog see attach. I can connect to my ftp through the linux
>> gui.
>>
>> but since today no data is coming in, ???
>> sorry i'm a newbie.
>>

>> Op do 3 nov. 2022 om 23:24 schreef Tom Keffer <tkef...@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> (Vince, I think he went to the correct link.)
>>>
>>> Alex, what operating system are you using? These days, almost all
>>> operating systems put something in /var/log.
>>>
>>> If we can't figure it out, there is a way to get WeeWX to log to a
>>> standard file. Add this to the bottom of weewx.conf:
>>>
>>> [Logging]
>>>     [[root]]
>>>       handlers = rotate,
>>>
>>>     [[handlers]]
>>>         # Log to a set of rotating files
>>>         [[[rotate]]]
>>>             level = DEBUG
>>>             formatter = verbose
>>>             class = logging.handlers.RotatingFileHandler
>>>             filename = /var/tmp/weewx.log
>>>             maxBytes = 10000000
>>>             backupCount = 4
>>>
>>> This will put the weewx-related log entries in /var/tmp/weewx.log. Post
>>> that.

>>> --
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/CAPq0zEBtPp97VTptkGY9bw-Vt77UzG0%2BkO0YJMBU1m1f%2BsN48A%40mail.gmail.com
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/CAPq0zEBtPp97VTptkGY9bw-Vt77UzG0%2BkO0YJMBU1m1f%2BsN48A%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>> .

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/CAHaYyo%2BWxONuZpB-iH2qneSXsE3ZfWsd2v2GbUbsEo1ywMS3BQ%40mail.gmail.com.
root@LAPTOP-M848VS7O:~# tail -f /var/log/syslog
Nov  4 18:13:00 LAPTOP-M848VS7O weewx[1237] CRITICAL weewx.engine:     ****
 return VantageService(engine, config_dict)
Nov  4 18:13:00 LAPTOP-M848VS7O weewx[1237] CRITICAL weewx.engine:     ****
File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/drivers/vantage.py", line 1939, in __init__
Nov  4 18:13:00 LAPTOP-M848VS7O weewx[1237] CRITICAL weewx.engine:     ****
 Vantage.__init__(self, **config_dict[DRIVER_NAME])
Nov  4 18:13:00 LAPTOP-M848VS7O weewx[1237] CRITICAL weewx.engine:     ****
File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/drivers/vantage.py", line 518, in __init__
Nov  4 18:13:00 LAPTOP-M848VS7O weewx[1237] CRITICAL weewx.engine:     ****
 self.port.openPort()
Nov  4 18:13:00 LAPTOP-M848VS7O weewx[1237] CRITICAL weewx.engine:     ****
File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/drivers/vantage.py", line 342, in openPort
Nov  4 18:13:00 LAPTOP-M848VS7O weewx[1237] CRITICAL weewx.engine:     ****
 raise weewx.WeeWxIOError(ex)
Nov  4 18:13:00 LAPTOP-M848VS7O weewx[1237] CRITICAL weewx.engine:     ****
weewx.WeeWxIOError: [Errno 113] No route to host
Nov  4 18:13:00 LAPTOP-M848VS7O weewx[1237] CRITICAL __main__: Unable to load
driver: [Errno 113] No route to host
Nov  4 18:13:00 LAPTOP-M848VS7O weewx[1237] CRITICAL __main__:     ****
Exiting...