Thanks.  Am not a Linux expert, but....
1) fiaranch is an admin account. I understand that is not root.
2) I did all the get, install, etc, under the user account. I hear you
saying it runs under root.
3) I will create a key pair under root. Upload the public one to the
server.  See if that impacts Line 7.
4) Not seeing how that will impact the Line 6 error. But....... we will see

Thanks.