I'm confused (again).

You mention that you CAN use an older version of a skin even in a newer version of WeeWx.

I have a WeeWx 4.5.1 running with a Seasons skin that I like. Somewhere along the evolution the way that the newer versions handle the plots and the summaries was changed, and I assumed that to run the newer versions of WeeWx that those old skins were not compatible with the current release.

I haven't gotten things figured out yet, but perhaps should just hold tight and wait for 5 to come out and then tackle learning the finer points.

I was just taken aback by Tom's comment that older skins were OK to use.

Dale