Thousands of WeeWX stations are posting to the WU, so I'm quite confident
that they're doing it correctly.

Nevertheless, if you want to see what it's posting, set debug=2, and it
will post the URL in the log.

The mapping from WeeWX fields to WU fields is specified in the dictionary
weewx.restx.AmbientThread._FORMATS
<https://github.com/weewx/weewx/blob/26bbcc56b5939d3e7e102ba21e9e656074714f67/bin/weewx/restx.py#L862>