Matthew,
   answers to above:
1) located in /usr/lib/systemd/system I have these two:
 -rw-r--r--. 1 root root  368 Jan 21 12:18  weewx.service
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root  876 Jan 21 12:18  weewx@.service

2) located in xps13-9305:/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/ I
have the following but no weewx files in /etc/init.d or /etc/sysetmd/system
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root   37 Jan 21 12:18 weewx.service ->
/usr/lib/systemd/system/weewx.service

3) xps13-9305:/etc/init.d# grep weewx /etc/passwd
weewx:x:971:960::/home/weewx:/sbin/nologin

4) 60-weewx.rules attached

and thank you for your response.

joev.mi