Hey again Jen I also have a busking liscence, which I keep updating so I don't have to keep getting the peer review - which is the annoying part that the ppl at the counter are clueless about - you have to get two ppl on this list they give you to a peer review, basically you have to phone them up and arrange to meet and convince them you've got safety gear and aren't a maniac, then they have to sign the form (Tom is fairly available and amiacable, Leila's probably fairly available these days with baby in tow, and not sure about the other person) and you take the form back.
Though they do issue random one off permits for 'dangerous performers' if you say you are just here for the weekend kind of thing... They (the walkwise etc) don't know the difference between pegasol and kerosine, they're pretty much the same thing anyways except one (peg) doesn't reek. Juggler Jen just tells them it's kero. They really need to update their dangerous performers information (but I don't have the time to hassle them on it). Happy burnin'! On Jun 12, 12:02 pm, flaming daisy <[email protected]> wrote: > Heya Jen, > > I think I am one of the few with a current licence, it's a bit of a > process getting one, and keeping it, most of the people at the council > office don't know how to deal with the special permit you need. > Walkwise, the crew that look after the streets at night can be a > little insecure about fire, performance, and drunk people. > > I have been out busking a few times, The council guidelines require > you to use kerosine in marked containers, and you have to have safety > gear. > > They are also a bit tight on where you spin fire, just check in with > them where you are allowed to when you are busking, it's different if > you are working for someone outside a club. > > My advice is to avoid busking at all costs on a rugby night, the > crowds can be slightly more primal, and not quite capable of forsight > from time to time, and if wellington/newzealand lose, the buzz isn't > the best. If you are prepared to deal with that, sweet, and you may > make some good $$, also be prepared for walkwise to close you down > because they can't trust the punters. > > I mainly gave up busking because I couldn't be bothered dealing with > drunking idiots, and rich people wearing polyester not seeing you, and > literally walking straight into you, as you are liable for any > accidents, it's just not worth it. > > Good luck out there =) --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Wellington Fire" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wellington-fire?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
