About pidgin, devs are not interested to work on voip/video but they
are not opposed to the idea if somebody does the work, in other words,
nothing is planed yet.
Telepathy plugins for pidgin has stalled since the google summer of
code project, Haze, "a libpurple-based Telepathy connection manager to
provide Telepathy clients with access to the full range of protocols
supported by libpurple" has been developed though.

Tanguy, tu prêches un converti :-) I love Qt too and indeed 4.4 rocks.
About Kopete, I read in their IRC channel that Decibel sponsored by
basysKom (they only have one guy working on it) has been kind of
abandoned for the past month, this is sad news as it was supposed to
bring telepathy goodness to Kopete and more to KDE.

Here it is the whole gossip:
<mattr> Bille: do you know of basyskom quit funding it then? it's
supposed to be their baby
 * mattr notes that this is why he objected to decibel in the first
place, since it was just something basyskom decided to do and then
force upon the community
<mattr> and i doubt it meets any of our needs
<mattr> but anyways, enough about that, since i haven't actually
bothered to look at it
<Bille> mattr: they always had limited term funding for it.
<mattr> Bille: do you know of basyskom quit funding it then? it's
supposed to be their baby
* mattr notes that this is why he objected to decibel in the first
place, since it was just something basyskom decided to do and then
force upon the community
<mattr> and i doubt it meets any of our needs
<mattr> but anyways, enough about that, since i haven't actually
bothered to look at it
<Bille> mattr: they always had limited term funding for it.
<mattr> ahh
<Bille> tobias is motivated to continue privately, but not if nobody
is using it.
<Bille> telepathy itself has also slowed down.
<mattr> ahh
<Bille> tobias is motivated to continue privately, but not if nobody
is using it.
<Bille> telepathy itself has also slowed down.

Kopete audio/video code is moving to solid and phonon which is pretty
cool: http://dot.kde.org/1194408884/1194425608/

About Empathy, they told me they are working on a  messenger (empathy)
that uses telepathy and mission controller from nokia and they already
have patches for audio/video.
Good thing is that they are working on libempathy written in C which
could be used by any clients, they have a libempathy-gtk and well, a
libempathy-qt could be written I guess. 'Only' the gui would need to
be written. Telepathy and Dbus compiles (more or less) on all
platforms and sofia-sip compiles on all platforms ok.